Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Day in the Life

I feel so much better (not that I felt horrible) after art class. My teacher was traveling and busy the last three weeks, so this was the first time we met in three weeks. I didn't do anything special or out-of-the-ordinary--just painting. I didn't realize how much better I felt until I was home, dancing around the kitchen, singing.

The white of the canvas has been transformed from something big and scary, to something alluring, that speaks to me. It tells me where to put the splash of red, how the purple stripe should connect everything together, and when it is done.

I am reading a biography of Barack Obama, which is fascinating.Current events have really grabbed my interest and I love knowing and being aware of events around the world. The book is great, although very detailed. Sometimes I wonder if a whole paragraph is really necessary to explain the type of shoes he wore at different points in his life.

After art, I sat down, like the good little student I am, to do chemistry homework. I saw my tutor yesterday for the last time and it feels great to be done. (Although I am technically only almostdone, it still feels really good.) Just the final in chem left, and then I'm truly free.

My mom and I visited my grandparents this afternoon. It is always good to see them, although a little heartbreaking. Watching them slowly slip away. Pictures from our vacations to see them from when I was younger are now that much more special. I hope to remember them splashing in the waves with me, and digging in their garden.

I am a happy camper watching the NBA semi-finals, especially because the Lakers and Celtics are both doing well. I say I don't have favorite teams, but really, I do. 

Tonight we watched Dancing with the Stars, which we haven't been following, but I am so glad I watched this show. Just watch this and you'll see what I mean:



Now it's off to bed for me, to continue reading about Barack Obama's shoes.

No comments: