Saturday, August 14, 2010

Books and Happy Dances

On Tuesday my summer officially started. I finished my technology class a while ago, and I just finished all my chemistry labs. There was a fair amount of dancing and jumping up and down. So, to celebrate, I am totally breaking my routine and going out and partying like crazy. (See, this is why there needs to be a sarcastic font, because people who don't know me might actually think I'm serious.)

In celebration of my one-week summer, I bought myself a new CD. Which I have been listening to (the embedding feature wasn't cooperating) obsessively.

A old friend stayed with us this week. It was great to see him, and so cool to continue introducing him to Harry Potter. We read part of the fourth book out loud and also watched the third movie. I think we've done a pretty good job of confusing him. The first time he stayed with us we were reading the seventh (and last) book out loud. Unfortunately, he lives on the other side of the country, so I can't stop by and bug him about finishing all the books. I need someone new to talk Harry Potter with.

I've been finding all these amazing new blogs. I don't know how to keep up with them all! But I did immediately dump one when I found out the author likes Twilight more than Harry Potter. I can handle Twilight-I've even spent my (parents') money to go see the movies. But liking Twilight more than Harry Potter? Completely unacceptable.

I've been really enjoying reading throughout the day and not having any homework assignments hanging over my head. I can truly relax and allow myself to be completely absorbed in the book. I'm reading like crazy, trying to read all the good books (and okay books) before school starts.

I finished a painting a while ago:

No comments: