Friday, July 1, 2011

July

The beginning of a new month. It usually blows right by me, the changing of the calendar. It means I change my contacts. And that's it. But this month, this means that my summer is disappearing. Much too quickly, slipping away as I read and eat popsicles. That is what summer is for, but there is a part of me that feels like I should be doing more. Or at least doing something. That part of me that wants me to go go go, go be productive, go contribute in some grand way. And I'm not. I'm resting. Volunteeering a few hours of my time each week. The rest is spent in laziness.

This is me, trying to convince myself that laziness is good.

It is, I know that. To rest and stop and just breathe.

In. Out. In. Out. In.

To be quiet. To stare off into space. To forget, even for a few, blessed seconds, about my to-do list. To sway to the music, get lost in the story of the drums. To smell the flowers, and notice the birds. To savor the fresh fruit.

I am sitting. Quietly. Not doing anything except writing these words.

***

In other news, Circle of Moms has nominated me as on of the Top 25 Kid Bloggers!! I would love it if you would take three seconds to vote for me, once a day, until July 22.

Circle of Moms Top 25 Kid Bloggers .

No comments: