Friday, August 17, 2012

where to start?

I don't know where to start.

Last night was a late night.

Not so much with the sleep, but lots of packing. Organizing. List writing.

As was this morning.

My last fish is gone. His new home is a first grader classroom. Where I am sure there will be debates over whether he is, in fact, a he.

My room is really quiet. No filter running.

I can't bring myself to take my posters off the walls.

Not yet.

I can't bring myself to think about the fact that my friends are spreading all over the country.

That soon I'll be in a whole new state.

I can't believe how fast this is all happening.

All at once.

I want to be in that place of "I can't wait!!"

I want to be excited and ready and jumping out of my skin to leave.

I still seem to be stuck in shock.

Disbelief and sadness.

What have I gotten myself into?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

you will get there. don't worry. I am here if you have any questions. I love you!

Jessica said...

Just so you know, it took me to the end of freshman year to really love college. The first semester was super hard but the second was awesome! Transition sucks and takes time but you will get there. I promise. I got through it and you will too <3

Stephanie said...

AMEN. AMEN.

Gah, I am right there with you, girl. Take a deep breath and try to embrace what's coming, 'cause neither of us have a choice at this point XD Keep blogging; let us know how you're doing.

~Stephanie

Unknown said...

"What have I gotten myself into?"

Answer: Nothing that you can't handle.

Smart, kind, freakishly wise beyond their years young women turn out just fine.

michelle said...

I remember exactly that feeling when we were all taking off for our respective colleges after high school.

No excitement. Just trepidation.

Over here sending support and calm and maybe a tad bit of excitement...

xoxoxo