Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Been a While....

So, uh, its been a while. Sorry about that. I don't really have any excuses (besides really lame ones about school work and being sick), so on I go.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I just helped my mom make an apple pie, and stuck it in the oven. I am looking forward to smelling all the ymmuy smells drifting in from the kitchen-that's when it feels like Thanksgiving to me. It is just going to be the three of us tomorrow for dinner, but my mom is being very brave and doing the whole thing: turkey, potatoes, cranberries, pies. But I am sure my dad and I will pitch in and help. (Or else be in danger of going hungry.) I look forward to it, because it all is good food that I enjoy, and makes for excellent leftovers.

I can't believe I just wrote that whole paragraph about food. I know for a lot of people; that is all that Thanksgiving is, the feeling like you can't move because you ate too much. Don't get me wrong, I love the food. For me, though, Thanksgiving should be taken at face value. It is, after all, called Thanksgiving.

I think it is a wonderful time to be with the people who are important to you, and to give thanks to everything that you have. By the grace of God, or luck, or whatever you believe. As corny as it is, I love the tradition of going around the table and having everyone say one thing (at least!) that they are thankful for. It always amazes and touches me what small things help people the most, and how much I have.

So, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoy your break, and I would love to hear about your favorite traditions!

No comments: