Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wonderingment

I've been writing and thinking a lot lately about life. Not in a big, grand, why are we here? way, but more of a life sucks sometimes and the different ways we deal with it way.

I'm sort of torn on the subject. I don't deal well with whining. But that doesn't mean bottling it all up is healthy. I also think we all have problems and it's good to be reminded of that. No matter how small they seem from the outside. I think people can be insensitive, mostly because they just don't get it. I think people also like to err on the dramatic side.

I don't really know where I'm going with all of this. It's more of an ongoing wonderingment.

Looking at how I deal with stress and the things in my life. And how other people deal with all of it.

I know what I do--I bottle it all up and put on my nice fine just fine face. Which on the one hand, allows me to get through the day. On the other hand, I can get really stuck in the camp of feeling like no one gets me ohmygod I'm so alone, because I haven't let anyone in.

I don't like complaining about my problems. It doesn't help anything. But if you don't say anything, then you're completely cutting yourself off from the world. Because life is not all rainbows and ice cream.

It's all about finding a balance. Seeking out and celebrating the happy shiny things. And acknowledging and dealing with the dark and twisty things.

And in both the celebration and just-getting-by times, people are important. Friends, relationships, people who will laugh with you and pick you up when you fall.

No comments: