Friday, December 4, 2009

Cartoons and Articles and Things

So....for today, I am prompted to talk about a favorite article. I don't have one individual one that sticks out in my mind. I read most of my news from the headlines, which isn't very exciting, and is certainly not very good writing.

My parents read The Economist, which is a British magazine that is sort of left-leaning, but is really good at reporting the news, instead of writing an opinion column on it. But my favorite part is always the cartoon.

It usually has something to do with the main cover story, and some of them are actually really funny. And then of course, I think its funny, but I don't know why, so I end up reading half the magazine to understand the one cartoon. But it keeps me entertained.


Thinking about those cartoons made me want to go read Calvin and Hobbes, so I'm off to go dig out those books.

Any favorite articles? Or cartoons, for that matter?

No comments: