Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Bit of This and That

Yesterday was a long, full day.

1) I got my hair cut. Short. Shorter than I've ever had it. I like it a lot, but it's going to take some getting used to. It barely fits in a ponytail, but the pigtails are awesome! Unfortunately, I can't post a picture because my mom took the camera with her. (See #2) To give you an idea, it isn't this short:


and it isn't this long:


2) My mom left for her trip. She is going to visit relatives and be a tourist in France and Spain. She will be gone for 10 days. It is just me, my dad, and Smokey. So far, we've been just fine.

3) I did other regular stuff, like my tutor came and I went to physical therapy. A long day, but good.

4) Today I was tired as expected, but I managed to sit down and crank out homework. I recieved my textbook and everything for my Health coure. I am doing it through a correspondence school. It should be interesting; they don't give the clearest instructions so I am hoping I will figure it out and get it right. I don't think it will be too hard. I just need a half credit and the chapters are really super short.

5) One of my fish died a few weeks ago and another one is still looking sick. Both went downhill after I cleaned the tank. Moral of the story: never, ever clean.

6) I finished a painting in art class (on Tuesday). Again, no pictures because the camera is taking a vacation. I will do my best to describe it, and hopefully, by the end, you will still want to see pictures. It is an abstract sort of thing. I got the idea from going through architecture magazines upside-down. (Artists are strange, aren't they? And the scary thing is, I might be becoming part of that group.) It is blue and green and some brown. And it's weird. Some days I love it and some days, well, some days it just looks like a bunch of random shapes that have nothing to do with each other. But really, that's what most paintings are.

7) I have recently discovered Rob Thomas and his music. I am now listening to his music quite a lot. It might be more along the lines of obsessively listening.

8) The computer was recently infected with something (I didn't do it) and so was reformatted and reconfigured and all sorts of things. So we now have the computer back, but all the files got all messed around and put in strange places and lost. Well, pretty much the only thing that was lost was my music. And it was partly my fault for not backing it up. (Does anyone know how to get music from an ipod to the computer? Don't ask me how I got the music on the ipod in the first place, because I don't know.) I was lazy and stupid and the CDs were only backing up 20 songs at a time! So I'm going through my music trying to find it and find out what can't be found. Wish me luck.

No comments: