Saturday, March 6, 2010

On Personal Significance

Looking through the labels I am reminded of the Best of 2009 blog challenge that I never finished. I had good intentions, believe you me, I just, well, you know...life....happened.

Part of it was that many of the topics didn't apply to me and I didn't really know what else to write about.

Another part was the fact that to stick with it, I would have had to blog every day for a month. That's 31 days. I wanted to, but it was intimidating and I just....didn't.

And then there's also the little voice that I try so hard to keep duct taped shut that asks if I really have anything that interesting to say. Are my opinions really worthy of being published on the world-wide-web for anyone to see? Even if they are, does anyone want to read them?

They are, after all, the mostly random, sometimes incomprehensible thoughts floating through my head. I read other blogs and constantly compare myself to them. I'm not that funny. I don't form strong opinions about anything. I will never be nationally published and recognized.

Yet here I am, writing down my personal thoughts and worries of my personal significance to the world. Somehow I want to or need to. I like having the possibility that anyone, at anytime could read what I have to say. Maybe they might even find it interesting. Or thought provoking.

But for now I will settle with writing when I can, what I can, where I can. It probably won't be as often as I would like, as funny as I would hope, and it will almost certainly be from the safety and comfort of my house.

No comments: