Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Possibly Psychic Moment

Last night I saw a picture of myself the next day, steaming about my Anatomy quiz. Complaining, furious, to my mom that it was so easy! I had studied and killed myself and learned the whole freaking study guide and none of it was on the quiz. She would say something calm and soothing about how the thing that mattered was that I learned something. Knowing she was right, and grateful I now had all that knowledge, but not yet willing to give up my anger, I would continue ranting.

Unfortunately, I can see this happening. It happened in middle school, when I convinced myself that I was going to fail a test and so it would be appropriate to freak out and study like mad. Until I took the test, which I could have aced fast asleep.

This feels like that.

Where, even though the teacher said all that material would be tested, I'm still not convinced it will be.

Of course, being me, I have therefore convinced myself that I don't know anything and need to spend every waking minute studying.

So now I'm off to school. Wish me luck. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for. A hard quiz that I will have appropriately studied for, or the easiest quiz in the world, which would mean I was right. And apparently, psychic.

Update: I was right.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

thats awesome the quiz was easy :)