Thursday, March 1, 2012

Problems

Every person deals with stuff. And the only person who really knows what that is, and how it is affecting them, is that person. It's great to pretend to walk in their shoes, or be a really good listener, but there's no way to really know. 

And when you are dealing with something hard or difficult, it's easy to feel like no one else gets you and that you are going through the hardest thing in the world and no one else can compare. Even when you remind yourself of the people living without basic needs being met. Like food and water and shelter. Or even the less basic needs that I am lucky enough to have. Like having a computer and internet and a blog where I can vent about my problems.

Anyhow.

We all have problems.

But seeing as how I'm really talking about my problems and perceptions (that's my new theory on life: that everything, everything depends on your perception), I might as well say "me" instead of "we".

Anyhow. 

All I really wanted to say with all this is that it's good for me to be reminded of other people's problems. It is so incredibly easy to get so wrapped up in my life and my issues that I forget that other people have problems too. That no matter what the problem looks like to the rest of the world, the feelings that we have as a result of it are just as real as people with other problems.

And now I've sort of lost track of what I was saying.

I think it's good for me to get out of my own head and life and just recognize what other people go through. To recognize that I'm not the only one who is good at getting dressed and going out and looking fine, just fine.

No comments: