Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back to Normal Weekends

I feel very accomplished for today, because I did all of my weekend's math before noon today. And I read some history. The Civil War, again. But knowing the material certainly makes the reading go a lot faster.

My parents went for a long walk this morning, and now I am looking forward to watch the NFL playoffs with my dad.

We took down the Christmas tree and the last of the decorations. It was kind of sad, but I also feel like Christmas was a really long time ago, and that it was time for the tree to come down. We have a lot of Christmas stuff! I thought I'd show you what our tree looked like, because I thought it looked quite nice this year. (Especially with all the lights turned on. We used colored lights this year, because all the white ones up and died on us.)


I saw Avatar over break, and was very impressed; especially the quality of the picture and the amazing 3-D! I've been hearing each day as it passes more and more all-time grossing movie records. It is now the second of all time, second only to....Titanic. I thought it was a great movie, but I don't want it to become the number one. Titanic is just such a classic, and is so well-done and is a well-told story, and I didn't think that Avatar was quite at that level, story-telling wise.

Any big plans for today, or is it just going to be a lazy weekend day?

No comments: