Saturday, January 2, 2010

Year in Review

My parents and I were talking on New Year's Eve about 2009. A lot of it has been me being sick, and them working. We found good doctors this year who are really great, working at my pace and keeping in contact with us and all my other docs.

My dad went to Argentina, and was very missed for the month. He is teaching another month long course over the summer in Namibia. I thought it would be fun to stay in South Africa for the World Cup, but he is coming back to be with us. Smile.

Let's see, my mom did lots of chauffeuring of me back and forth across town. And she worked. Now she is going to move her office a few blocks, which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it will be. Last time she moved the movers broke all her stuff and didn't pay for it. Fun, fun, fun.

She and a friend are going to France and Spain in April. She has relatives in France, and then they are going to go exploring for about a week along the border. I am super jealous. Tonight we are having friends over to talk about their own experiences in Barcelona, so we are making lots of tapas.

It's a little sad just being at home and doing school while my parents are off having lots of adventures. I used to travel a lot too; that used to be our thing as a family. But it's okay, I know I'm getting better, and that this is where I am right now, and this is where I need to be.

That doesn't stop me from salivating over the pictures.

This was my mom's big Christmas present from me. I did it in the art class I am taking, with a woman who lives down the street.
She also gave me sort of the basic idea for my dad's present, which was a book with pictures and memories of the two of us.
I got that hat for Christmas-it might just be my favorite present. It is very warm and fuzzy. 

Smokey's present was a laser light and she just goes nuts over it. And skids everywhere on the floors. I keep thinking I need to take a video, because she is very cute. She looks like a dog chasing its tail.

Every year JibJab does a year in review; I didn't think this one was as good, but check it out. (And while you're at it watch the other ones, especially It's Time for Some Campaigin'.)


Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!



Does anyone know what the original song is? I've never heard it before, not that it's particularly catchy....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

sounds like you had a good year even though u were sick. are you enjoying ur art classes?? miss ya!!