Sunday, January 31, 2010

Books

I went out today with my parents just for a fun "family date". We picked up my framed picture (this one.), I looked for a birthday present for my dad (no luck), and went to a bookstore/cafe. I got a couple of books that probably fall more under the self-help category than anything else, but still not really.

I adore bookstores. And libraries. And really anywhere that is quiet and peaceful and full of books. There are so many choices out there, so many people writing about so many things. Sometimes I feel like it's just for me. It's easy to get lost between all the shelves and in all the stories people have to tell. I feel loved and safe (And just a little vindicated. Harry Potter had a whole shelf, and Twilight had half a shelf. So there!)

My dad and I shared an amazing pizza; avacado slices and fresh mint-who knew! If we weren't having chile for dinner I would have more pizza.

Now it's back to homework. I am reading To Kill a Mockingbird for English. I actually chose the book, because I read it forever ago and I thought it would be fun to read it now from an analytic viewpoint. Yah, great idea. Each chapter has about ten questions for me to answer and there are 31 chapters. I can barely do that math.

Well, I might be exaggerating a little bit, but that was me complaining, and this is me leaving to go do the homework that isn't nearly as bad as I make it out to be.

No comments: