Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Last Days of Vacation

I have been going outside everyday for about a week. It is really pretty-there is still snow on the ground and ice on the road. The ice is starting to melt, so I am taking full advantage of the mini "skating rinks". It is sunny and blue sky weather, but still enough of a chill to make it feel like winter.

My tutor ended up not coming on Monday because she was sick, so she will start coming regularly again tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it, but not dreading it either. The extra three days of vacation helped. I know I did some work that I didn't have to do, so that makes me feel more prepared.

I went shopping with my mom yesterday. I haven't been out like that for a long time. It was fun, but I was really tired by the end, and making very....slow....decisions.

We bought a frame for the picture my neighbor painted for me, and looked at frames for a picture I just finished. (My first!) I'd love feedback, just don't tear into it too much. I'm not completely satisfied with it, so I may go back and try to do something else with it; I'm just wary of making it too busy.


I have also been knitting quite a bit. Just simple scarves, with fuzzy wool that covers up all my mistakes. I tried a wider one with different colors for my mom; it worked okay. I'll see if I can get her to model with it. I'm thinking my next project will be a hat, although I need to learn more before I try it, because my other attempts have mostly ended in failure, with me taking out all the stiches.

Oh, and I rearranged my clothes in my dresser. It was good to do, and get all organized and throw some things out, but now, I cannot find ANYTHING. Anything, at all. I think I should make myself a little map, and color code it, and...kididng.

Smokey was being cute:
I hope everyone's first week back is going well.

No comments: