Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I should be doing homework.....

I totally should be doing history right now. But I figure that if I tell you, it counts. Right? I just took a break from doing work to eat some lunch. I had some quinoa while sitting on the exercise ball attempting to balance. The balancing went okay, just not the keeping the food in my mouth part.

Quinoa is very tiny, and surprisingly hard to clean up. It can't be swept, so I ended up picking up each piece. Long story short-don't follow my example. Never eat quinoa on the exercise ball. In fact, it would probably be safe to say never eat on the exercise ball at all.

Not much going on. I am looking forward to the weekend, mostly because there is football on, and that has become my way to relax. In addition to reading a good book. But I haven't been able to find a really good book for a while. Suggestions? It always amazes me how many truly awful books are published, let alone read. Or maybe I'm just really picky. I have very clear ideas of what makes a good book, and it can be hard for someone who has never met me (ie the author) to get all those parts in one book that is a length I can actually tolerate.

So I listen to music, and knit, and listen to the Inheritance series on CD, and watch football, and play with my parents. We are currently going through a "Catan phase". It's this boardgame we get out every once in a while, and then play non-stop for several weeks until we get tired of it. Then it gets put away until I cave to my parents' begging and we repeat the process.

We are all qutie competitive, so it can get kind of tense. Yet we still keep coming back for more. I guess it's just really addictive, or we might be really obsessed.

No comments: