Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Networking

randomtuesday
No wonder I feel like I'm the only one who isn't on Facebook--600 million people are. That's twice the population of the United States!

The other thing I learned from watching The Social Network is to always, always have your lawyer check legal documents. Or you might end up suing your (ex) best friend.

Seeing as I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, I've never seen what companies' pages look like. I think it's rather strange that big corporations have Twitter accounts. What do they use them for?

Although I did run across al-Qaeda's Twitter account in the course of research for a project. It was terrifying. Please tell me you're not one of their 30,000 followers.

Go see The UnMom for some real Tuesday randomness.

3 comments:

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

I promise I'm not following al-Qaeda on Twitter.

Happy RTT!

Christy said...

30,000 followers! Really!? Maybe trying to get inside information hopefully and not just really caring. Social Media is the way of the world. It's almost a guarantee most jobs are going to require knowledge of them and use of them soon for strategic planning, marketing, promoting recruiting and retaining.

Patricia said...

Interesting. Tu prima EZ está participando en un fb/Twitter fenóminum ahora mismito en Madison. Hay k hace un Google de unions, wisconsin, legislature... see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12498249 It is interesting to note that the state began the fiscal year with a surplus, and the govenor gave big business tax breaks to the tun of what he now says is the shortfall! EZ is with the TA union at the capital right now. History in the making and people mobilized by social networking.

On another point, we rented Social Network on iTunes and there was a problem that didn't allow it to download the last tiny bit, like 10 minutes or less. After numerous attempts to reslove the problem, they refunded our money, but we still want to know how the movie ends. And none of our kids have seen it, so if it is ok, I will be calling you to get the scoup...
P