Friday, September 10, 2010

I Should Be in the Record Books

This morning I woke up at 9:46. I had overslept by about an hour; I had turned my alarm off instead of hitting the snooze button. This wouldn't be a problem on most days, just a mild inconvience. Today, however, I had a meeting at school with my teachers and counselor and tutor at school, at 10:15. That meant we were supposed to leave a minute before I was awake.

So I was awake, mostly, with contacts in, clothes on, and full purse, in 6 minutes. It took another 3 minutes to grab a granola bar, put shoes on, and get in the car. So yes, I definitely belong in some sort of world record book. Because, nine minutes to wake up and be out the door? Pretty amazing. At least in my book.

The meeting went fine. Nothing earth-shattering, and it seems like all the teachers are pretty willing to work with me, and hand control over to my tutor. Which will make my life a whole lot easier than last year.

I got info on the PSAT, which I am taking in a month. I will not freak out.

I got lucky because my tutor's husband surprised her with a massage for her birthday. It just happens to be at the time we were supposed to meet this afternoon. It's a win-win situation; she gets to have a massage, and I don't have to do work.

Now I'm off to Spanish class. Adios.

No comments: