Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts: A Constipated Snail

randomtuesday

Friday needs to hurry up and get here.

My dad took his class on an extended field trip, so he will be gone for most of this week. I discovered Monday morning that he took the plastic bowls that I always eat breakfast in. And I mean always. (I may be just a little OCD.) I seriously considered having something other than my standard Crispix for breakfast, but the only thing that would have been acceptable would be hot cereal, and I was too lazy to make it. So laziness can be good, when it combats my OCD.

My Spanish teacher taught us the word for constipated. Don't worry, you can hold off on calling Child Protective Services just yet. A student wanted to know, so she told him. Granted, she did then write a story about a constipated snail...

My toilet seat cover has, for the longest time, squeaked. Lately it's been one of those things that just really irritated me and sounded like the loudest noise possible. So I finally made the effort to walk the five feet or so from my bathroom, grab the WD40, and oil it up. Now the lack of sound makes me smile. When was the last time you smiled when you opened the toilet seat cover?

I have a birthday in a little over a month. (Wow, just looked at the date. 30 days. That's soon!) My mom asked me the other day what I wanted for my birthday. And my list is still about two items long. I guess this is a good thing, because it means I won't be drowning in useless stuff. However, it does leave a lot of decisions up to my parents. (Not that I don't trust them or anything.)

2 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

Happy Birthday - soon!
Love the random!
I can't remember the last time I smiled when I lifted the seat of the toilet - but I bet i will next time!

A said...

Advance happy birthday! :)

I was 15 when I started blogging too.. :D Now, I'm just old.

Have a great rest of the week and happy random! :)