Saturday, December 11, 2010

Community

My community has grown a lot this past year. My internet community. It has grown from the occassional comment on my blog by a parent or grandparent to well, whatever it is now.

Not a bustling web address to be sure, but I still feel a sense of community. Seeing the same people come back and comment. Going and reading what they have to say.

I've never met any of them. Some are only a few hours' drive away, while others are literally on the other side of the world.

They make me feel connected. I love am reading a blog and having no idea how I found it. All the links, comments, ande blogrolls.

My only regret One thing I would change is the lack of people my age in this new community.

I think in general, there are very few teenagers with blogs. (At least that I can find.) The teenage demographic tends to be on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc. And since I'm not, there isn't that link.

I don't have a problem with this. It's just...different.

As a result, the vast majority of the blogs I read are ones written by moms, wives, people with careers.

So I think I write more like the blogs I read than the "typical" teenager's blog. Some in content, but more in style. Nothing specific, although I do make an attempt to use semi-decent grammar.

I've moved away from recaps of my days. It was boring to write, and I can't imagine it came off as very inspired.

I don't know if it's true in general, but that's just what I've found looking at other blogs. (Of course, I'm pretty biased.)

Not better, just different.

And that suits me just fine.

4 comments:

Kimber Leszczuk. said...

I am glad you are happy with the community even though most of us are not your age. It is nice to find support no matter where it comes from. :)

R. Molder said...

Oh don't worry you have your style and you don't sound old! I have to say you are the 2nd teen I've come across. Another mom blogger I know has a step daughter in her 2nd year of college who started blogging. If I find it I'll send the link to you.

Anonymous said...

I think I first dropped in via Weekly Winners and loved the photos and comments around the photos. I read a few back posts and enjoyed the reading not knowing that you were a teenager. I was surprised at your wisdom and clarity. I keep popping back to be reassured that there truly are some amazing young people around. Keep up the great work.

Mark said...

if it helps, i am immature like a teenager. :)