Friday, December 3, 2010

One Word (Plus a Few)

I was going to link up to Reverb10 for some inspiration, and just to do something different. But then I saw that one of the rules was you had to do something every day. That's an awful lot of commitment. I'm not so good at that-just look at last year. (No, no link for you. Because I'd really rather you didn't go through my archives. At least not that far back. I would delete them, but, well, I'd just feel weird deleting months of posts, and then my 100th post wouldn't really work. Anyway...) I started a similar thing and there are four posts.

It's not that I don't want to link, or don't think I could post every day for a month. I just, 1) want to respect their rules. If they took the time to make it a rule, then it's clearly important, and 2) that's an awful lot of pressure for what is traditionally the busiest month of the year.

I also might be a tiny bit lazy.

Regardless, the whole idea was to reflect on the past year and look forward to the coming year. So I think I'll do that, minus the pressure and stress of possibly breaking the rules.

(I'm a bit of a good girl. Can you tell?)

Looking back, how would you describe the year, in one word?

Change.

I...wow. This is going to take some research to remember what has happened this year.

Well, first, I started a blog. Not technically in the past year, but close enough.

My best friend and I "broke up".

I met new people. Reconnected with others.

Started going to school on a (semi) regular basis for the first time in a while. (Depending on how you count it, two years.)

I found some new doctors, dumped some old ones.

Turned sixteen, started my junior year of high school.

Started taking art classes.

Discovered photography. Fell in love with the whole world.

And...I think that's all the change I can handle.

Looking to next year, I hope it brings more peace. Change is good and all that, but so is peace. Quiet, calm. I don't know how much of that I'll get, but one can hope. Oh, that would be a good word for next year, too.

Hope, peace, change.

1 comment:

R. Molder said...

Here's wishing you a peaceful 2011. I fell in love with photography in my first year of college. Take a class if you can, it will stick with you for the rest of your life.