Friday, January 14, 2011

Stretched

I'm feeling a little stretched.

I came up with a whole metaphor about juggling. How I've never been very good at it, and how more balls were being added, and I hoped that if I dropped one, it wasn't the crystal vase.

But it's really very simple.

I have been feeling stretched. Like I've been doing a lot. Whether that is actually the case or not isn't relevant.

I've added a few things to my plate recently, all very good things, but things that have pushed my load from fine to full.

Not overfull or exploding; I am not at that point. I am just very aware that there is a list of tasks that must be accomplished when I wake up each morning.

So I try not to glance at the clock every three and a half minutes. I make time to read and journal at the end of my day. I make time to get out my camera and spend some time looking at the world in a different way, which never fails to calm me down.

I try to make sure I'm still doing things for me, even as my plate fills up with things to do for others.

No comments: