Tuesday, January 11, 2011

That Time of Year

This song has been on my mind a lot lately:



To me, it's about an event that comes yearly and brings with it a whole host of emotions.

The most obvious event would be the New Year. In that case, I'm eleven days late. But there are lots of different things that happen each year. Different events mean different things to each person.

I got sick in January. Three years ago. Eighth grade. January 2008. I don't know the date. I'm glad I don't remember the date. I don't want to know.

Instead of being the time I missed my first basketball game, it's become the time I got sick.

It became more than a month out of school, or even a semester.

It's my life.

Ongoing.

Getting better, but still lacking a definite end date.

That's my event. It comes yearly, whether I want it to or not. That's the curse and blessing of time.

It just keeps going.

Maybe one year this will be the time of year when I say "Remember when...?", but right now I'm in the thick of it.

It's that time of year again.

No comments: